You arrive at your chosen resort and find accommodation options that suit your needs and budget. You also find excellent dining and refreshment facilities near your lodging.
And that’s not all.
You wake up, put on your skis, and either get into the lift or hit the slopes right away. Then, when you need to rest, you simply glide into your lodging facility and find ski valet services and a hot beverage waiting.
Sounds like the perfect winter getaway, doesn’t it?
To help you pick the best destinations with ski-in/ski-out access, we have created a handy list of top resorts worldwide. You’ll also learn about:
- Resorts with affordable accommodation facilities that suit individuals, groups, and families
- Ski fields with conveniences such as boot warming and ski valets.
- Ski resorts with luxurious facilities, including indoor heated pools and private residential experiences
1 Park City, Utah
Park City ski resorts are renowned for their vast quantities of snow. They even adopted and trademarked the phrase, "The Greatest Snow on Earth."
Spread over 7,300 acres, Park City is the largest ski resort in the United States of America.
The snowfield is about 1.5 hours from Salt Lake City International Airport. You use the I-80 highway to the city when arriving from the airport.
From the airport, you may choose an Uber or Lyft, rent a car or take shuttles to the resort. Car rental services are conveniently located within the airport. If you don’t want to drive yourself, shuttle busses are a great option as they access different parts of the city.
Top Ski-In Ski-Out Options at Park City
Park City ski resorts offer excellent ski-in/ski-out options. The facilities cater to families, groups, and individuals according to their budgets. The top facilities providing direct access to the snowfields include:
- Silver Star at Park City – This facility is located mid-mountain and has ski access via Park City Mountain Silver Star chairlift. It offers cottages, luxury apartments, and townhomes with modern architecture. In addition, it has excellent ski-in ski-out options, complete with an outdoor plaza, ski equipment rental shops, and cafes.
- Abode At Resort Plaza – This is a 2-bedroom condominium at the Park City Base. Ski access is only 75 steps away, and you literary walk out with your skis into the field. The plaza has a great kitchen and family area, with an excellent relaxing atmosphere, complete with bars and restaurants.
- Apex Residences – This residence is perched high atop the Canyons Village at Park City Mountain. It has modern buildings and offers a superb alpine experience, with direct access to the slopes.
2 Courchevel, France
This ski field is part of the 3 Valleys (Les Trois Vallèes) in the Tarentaise valley.
Courchevel is an all-rounder resort in the French Alps. It has 600 kilometers of pistes and runs served by 154 lifts. Its terrain is easily accessible and has180 green and blue runs, ideal for beginners and intermediates.
The resort is the most glamorous snowfield in France and a popular getaway for billionaires. It has cut out a niche by curating its services to cater to the super-rich. Nevertheless, deep powdery snow blankets the terrain, providing an excellent snow adventure.
Top Ski-In Ski-Out Options at Courchevel
Courchevel has some of the best and most luxurious accommodation options in France. The services are more expensive on the swanky end of the resort but become more budget-friendly in villages further down. The top facilities offering ski-in/ski-out services include:
- La Sivoliere – This hotel is a five-minute walk from the center of Courchevel in a quiet and elegant area. It offers excellent services, including an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a spa, and heated sofas. This ski-in/ski-out chalet has 35 rooms with family suites and apartments.
- L’Apogée Courchevel – This is a 5-star facility with a great family-friendly atmosphere. The chalet is perched atop the former Olympic ski jump offering scenic views to the guests. It has 53 rooms and suites that offer direct access to Courchevel’s best trails and runs.
- Cheval Blanc Courchevel – This three Michelin star-rated facility has 36 modern-style rooms and suites and offers superb dining options. It gives thrill-seekers exclusive residential experiences and direct access to the slopes of the Three Valleys.
3 Whistler Blackcomb, Canada
Whistler Blackcomb is situated in British Columbia and is the largest ski resort in North America. It is world-renowned as a premier resort with superb skiing and snowboarding facilities and an iconic village at its base.
Whistler Blackcomb is located about two hours from Vancouver. It has five terrain parks, 90 rails, and over 40 jumps. The resort has a great terrain diversity and is famed for having the most efficient lift network.
The resort’s terrain covers a vast 8,171 acres and has over 200 marked trails with many backcountry and off-piste opportunities. The landscape is variable and ranges from gentle, beginner-friendly slopes to steep alpine bowls and tree skiing.
Top Ski-In Ski-Out Options at Whistler Blackcomb
The snowfield has plenty of accommodation facilities catering to all requirements and budgets. The facilities range from 5-star hotels to lodges, apartments, and hostels. The top facilities offering direct access to the ski fields include:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler – This is a luxurious resort located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain. The world’s longest and highest gondola ride that connects over 200 trails is accessible right outside the Fairmont Chateau’s door. It offers ski-in/ski-out access to the deep powder blanketed slopes.
- The Westin Resort and Spa - This is a 400-room resort located on Whistler Mountain, in the middle of the village. Its perks include free ski valet services, a fitness center, and hot tubs. Also, it is right on the slope side of the mountain and has great ski-in/ski-out access.
- Blackcomb Springs Suites – The hotel has 186 self-contained and spacious studios and one-to-two-bedroom apartments. The facility has full-size kitchens that allow guests to make their own dinner. The on-mountain accommodation offers stunning landscape views, and the ski-in/ski-out feature gives thrill-seekers direct access to the slopes.
4 Perisher, Australia
Located within the Kosciuszko National Park, Perisher is the largest ski resort in the Southern Hemisphere. It has over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain with interconnected snow areas. Eucalyptus trees grace Perisher’s landscape, creating beautiful views.
The resort has a variable terrain suitable for all abilities. Its many green and blue runs make it a popular destination for families. Kids enjoy activities at the Smiggin Holes, where a large bowl offers gentle slopes and trails.
The resort is about 2.5 hours away from Canberra and 5.5 hours from Sydney.
Top Ski-In Ski-Out Options at Perisher
The resort has ample accommodation with many restaurants, bars, and lodgings. In addition, Perisher Valley hotels and apartments have facilities for groups, individuals, and families. The top facilities that offer ski-in/ski-out access include:
- Smiggins Hotel – This hotel is sheltered on a gentle slope. It is a favorite for beginners and families, with a chalet and a variety of rooms to suit all needs and budgets. It is a modern resort with great ski-in/ski-out access, situated in the middle of Smiggins Holes and just meters away from the chairlifts and T-bars.
- Barrakee Ski Lodge – This is a popular lodge about 50 meters North of the Perisher T-bar. The 50-year-old hotel has various modern accommodation options with a sauna bar and a communal lounge. It offers excellent ski-in/ski-out access to Perisher’s slopes.
- Numbananga Lodge – This self-contained lodge is owned and operated by the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service. Located on the outskirts of Smiggin Holes, it has ski-in/ski-out access, with proximity to lifts and ski equipment hire joints.
5 Niseko, Japan
Sometimes referred to as the powder capital of the world, the Niseko Ski Resort is the most well-known resort in Japan. It lies on the slopes of An’nupuri, which is a volcanic mountain.
Niseko consists of four interlinked snow areas: the Grand Hirafu, Hanazono, Niseko Village, and An’nupuri. Collectively, these resorts make up Niseko United, and you can access them with a single pass.
The resort is popular with international tourists and has an international feel. It is located in Hokkaido, about 100 kilometers from Sapporo City. Visitors arrive via the New Chitose International Airport, about 2.5 hours from the resort.
Niseko has the best snow in Japan and is known for its great terrain blanketed in knee-deep snow.
Top Ski-In Ski-Out Options at Niseko
The resort has great accommodation options, including hotels, lodges, and self-contained apartments. You can also find suitable accommodation in Hanazono, An’nupuri, Niseko, and Hirafu villages. The top places offering ski-in/ski-out access include:
- Niseko Village – Also known as Higashiyama, it is an accommodation area at the base of the Niseko Village Ski Resort. It has a retail area with restaurants, bars, and shopping locations. The resort offers a variety of activities and accommodation with ski-in/ski-out access to the snowfield’s slopes. The most prominent is the Green Leaf Niseko Village.
- Vale Niseko – Based in Hirafu Village, it is located at the base of the Niseko Grand Hirafu Resort. The Grand Hirafu Resort has the largest accommodation area in Niseko United. Vale Niseko is located at the foot of the Ace Family Chairlift and offers apartments with one to four bedrooms. These apartments are located close to the slopes, offering great ski-in/ski-out access.
- Niseko Alpine Apartments – This apartment complex is smaller and offers two- and three-bedroom apartments for families and small groups. Visitors have access to shops, restaurants, and bars at budget-friendly prices. The apartment complex is on the slopes, providing great ski-in/ski-out access for revelers.
6 El Colorado/Farellones, Chile
This resort is part of the Three Valleys (Tres Valles) along with La Parva and Valle Nevado.
It consists of El Colorado and Farellones snow areas with interconnected villages between them. Both El Colorado and Farellones can be accessed with a single lift ticket.
It lies on 1,110 acres and consists of 22 trails served by 16 lifts. It has excellent terrain that suits all abilities, with over 80% of its trails designated green or blue.
The resort is located about 1.5 hours from Santiago. Visitors arriving from Santiago International Airport take shuttles from the city or rent 4 x 4 vehicles.
This resort is a great family-friendly destination due to the gentle slopes and activities such as snow tubing.
Top Ski-In Ski-Out Options at El Colorado/Farellones
The resort offers great accommodation options, with lodgings, pubs, and retail services. Lodging includes hotels, houses, and apartments. Top facilities offering on-mountain accommodation include:
- El Colorado Bungalows – This chalet is located in Lo Barnechea, right on the slopes. It offers great accommodation options, including kitchenettes with stovetops, microwaves, refrigerators, and cookware. It is located on the slopes and has direct access to them, offering an excellent ski-in/ski-out experience.
- Chalet Valluga – This hotel is situated in the mountain town of Farellones. It features a terrace and views of the Los Andes mountains. It also offers excellent on-mountain accommodation with ski-in/ski-out access to the slopes.
- El Colorado Apart Hotel – The hotel has ten guestrooms with private furnished terraces. Visitors can access bars, coffee cafes, and retail areas for ski equipment rental services. It is conveniently located on the mountain, giving a ski-in/ski-out access to the slopes.
Looking For Great Destinations for Your Winter Getaway? Let Us Help You
Few skiers and snowboarders enjoy hauling their ski gear to the lifts or slopes. For this reason, the option to hit the slopes directly from the accommodation is a major deciding factor when considering ski resorts.
Many ski resorts worldwide offer excellent ski-in/ski-out access to the slopes. Ski-in/ski-out options are especially great for thrill-seekers with young families. It also offers the ultimate convenience of accessing the lodgings' lifts, slopes, and other facilities.
To make an informed choice for your next winter adventure, Brealpa curates accurate and up-to-date information to help you. You can find handy information on:
- Flight, hotel, tour, and travel insurance bookings
- Snow conditions in popular resorts
- Resorts with top-tier accommodation options
- Resorts with activities to keep your entire family entertained.